Big fire in De Enter extinguished

On Saturday evening, June 3, a fire started in Building 4 of De Enter apartment building in Amsterdam. The fire department extinguished the fire, early Sunday morning. Fortunately, all tenants are unharmed. It is not yet clear what started the fire. According to the fire department, the fire was reported by a tenant on the sixth floor. For now, the fire department assumes that the fire spread through the cavity wall to the roof. Vesteda is properly insured.

Our tenants were referred to a hotel by the Salvage Foundation, or tenants provided their own sleeping arrangements. Sunday morning, June 4, an information meeting will be held for the residents of Building 4 in Meeting Room. During this meeting our tenants will receive further information.

We have spoken to several tenants personally and of course realize that everyone is extremely shocked and concerned about personal belongings and/or any pets left behind.